This page contains information that will help you get started with discussions and conversations with your peers.
Please sign in by entering your email and password. If you've forgotten your password or if this is your first time signing in, you can reset it by clicking on the “Can't access your account?” link. If you need to update your email address, contact email@example.com.
Setup Your Profile
Add some information about yourself and your photo so to help build your presence in the community.
Click on your personal icon to get started.
Then, click on the "Profile" button.
Fill out the elements of your profile page that you would like to share with the community. Click any "Add" button to add information to your profile. Click the pencil icon to edit any information that is already present.
Fine-Tuning your Experience
Note the tabs at the top of your profile page. Visit various tabs to fine-tune your settings in the community area.
This area shows people in the community you may already know and gives you an opportunity to look through the directory to add some new contacts. If you find someone you want to connect with in the directory, click their profile icon to get options for connecting.
Click on the My Contributions tab to easily find posts you've made and any responses you've received.
Here's where you get to control your privacy settings, email preferences, notifications from your communities, and even customize your discussion post signature.
- Privacy Settings - You choose who sees what. You can choose whether or not you want to be included in the member directory and community rosters and which facets of your profile others can see. Choices for visibility include: My Contacts, Members Only, Public, and Only You.
- Email Preferences - Too much mail? You can opt-out of receiving certain emails and still see what you've missed when you log in to the community. All communications will be waiting in for you in your Profile Inbox when you're ready to review.
- Community Notifications - Don't miss out on what's happening. Set up how you'd like to be notified when there is action in your community areas.
- Customize Your Signature - Choose which elements from your profile are displayed when you make a post.
Never miss a beat. See all send and received community messages, invitations, and requests to connect.
Working with Messages
Post a Message
To start a new discussion thread, go to Participate > Post a message. From an email (HTML version) for a particular discussion forum, you can use the “Post Message” link in the right navigation bar.
Responding to Posts
To share your knowledge and experience with the whole community, click "Reply to Discussion". To respond to just the author of the post, click "Reply to Sender".
Upload a File
Select the “Share a file” link found under “Participate” in the main navigation or "Create a new library entry" on any community's landing page.
Step 1: Choose a title for your document, include a description (optional), select the library to which you’d like to upload it, select a folder to which you’d like to upload it (optional) and choose an Entry Type. Click “Next.”
Step 2: Browse and upload your file. Click “Next” if you want to add tags to your file or click “Finish” if you are ready to complete your upload.
Additional Informaiton about File Uploads
- Types of Files: Many file types can be uploaded, including hyperlinks, standard files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), webinars, images and YouTube videos.
- File Size: Files up to 1GB can be shared
- Tags: Tags can be added to your documents to help others find the file you uploaded. There are many pre-loaded tag categories to choose from.
Need more help? Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.